At Milam Chiropractic and Sports Therapy, people are sitting on the Wobble Chair™ restoring function and mobility to their spines! Besides increasing your range of motion, this amazing invention has to offer. This blog shares some of the additional benefits that the wobble chair offers.
1) Prepares the spine for further rehabilitation and strengthening. Spinal “core stability” exercises are necessary before strength, endurance and agility training can be effective. Further literature review shows that 90% of all chronic pain is located in the musculoskeletal system. The most common sites of pain include the low back, pelvis, head, neck and shoulders.
2) Rehydrates the disc. Allows the user to produce full range figure 8 hip motion that mimics full stride walking, thereby loading and unloading the lumbar spine. This motion pumps fluids into spinal disks and ligaments, which hydrates and re-hydrates each disc’s nucleus as well as pumping out their tissue cell waste.
3) It increases of cerebra-spinal-fluids (CSF) pressure and flow. The two hemispheres of the brain produce 500-800 ml of CSF in various amounts throughout the day. The fluid is rich in oxygen and glucose; the nutrients the nervous system uses as fuel to function. The fluids are secreted into the subarachnoid space surrounding the brain and spinal cord. This protective sheath covers the entire spinal cord and is attached by a fibrous strand, the filum terminale to the end of the sacrum just in front of the coccyx/tail bone. The pumping action of the sacrum produced by forward-back-side-to-side sacral motion normally produced by walking circulates the CSF and increases the fluid pressure and flow from resting 15 mm mercury up to 50 – 55 mm mercury. After the fluid is circulated around the brain and spinal cord, it empties into the venous system at the brains arachnoid villa. The increase of CSF pressure and flow is also produced by 12 to 15 minutes of Wobble Chair exercising. The increased pressure produces a feeling or mental clarity and physical well-being runners that run far enough to cause the same feelings called “The Runners High”.
4) Helps O2 exchange. The figure 8 action of walking mimics the forces of full range deep diaphragmatic inhalation and exhalation that completely aerates and oxygenates the lungs. Full exhalation expels carbon dioxide and about 20% of the body’s tissue cell waste thereby regulating the odor of one’s breath.
5) Clears the lungs. The same figure 8 motions and full diaphragmatic breathing during inhalation and exhalation clears the lungs of accumulated mucus and phlegm. If not excreted leads to lung conditions of bronchitis, sore throat, allergies and phenomena, to name a few.
6) Raising blood pH. Full diaphragm-stomach breathing fully oxygenates the lungs and thereby the blood causing the pH of the blood to raise. Blood with a pH of 7.4 is slightly alkaline and filled with inflammatory proteins, at a pH 7.75 or higher there are few or no inflammatory proteins in the blood. NOTE: Inflammatory proteins in the blood is considered by most experts to be the chemical cause of all chronic diseases and chronic pain.
7) Helps with elimination. The figure 8 motion of wobble chair causes the pelvic girdle to cause a greater peristaltic action of the large intestine that stimulates normal daily evacuation.
8) Stimulates immune and lymphatic system. 80% of the body’s hormonal glands and 70% of the immune systems glands including the lymphatics are housed in the intestines. The figure 8 motion of the wobble chair if performed multiple ( 5 ) times per day causes motions necessary for stimulation of hormonal, immune and lymphatic systems normal function.
9) Massages the heart. The heart is massaged during deep diaphragmatic breathing aided by the figure 8 motion of the wobble chair. The diaphragm muscles central tendon, is attached to the lower end of the heart, and gently massages it with every breath.
10) Increases blood flow back to the heart. The diaphragm’s downward contraction during inhalation causes the vena cava to momentarily increase in size with an increase in venous pressure causing an acceleration of venous blood flow back to the heart.
Milam Chiropractic Sports Therapy is not just another Chiropractic Joint. We bring highly specialized treatments and therapy, once reserved for Elite athletes, to everyone in the communities of Tustin, Irvine and Santa Ana.