Computer Hunchback Stretch
Perform the following exercises at regular intervals throughout the day:
ORANGE JUICE SQUEEZE
- While seated with both feet flat on the floor, lengthen your spine and engage your abdominals by pulling your bellybutton in toward your spine.
- Relax your shoulders.
- Pretend you have an orange between your shoulder blades. Imagine squeezing it by bringing your shoulder blades down and back. Hold for 10 seconds. Repeat five times. Continue to maintain an upright posture and engage your abs.
- Perform one set of five squeezes about every hour.
CORNER CHEST-AND-SHOULDER STRETCH
- Stand facing a corner in a neutral posture with abdominals engaged. Place both hands and forearms on each wall of the corner in a “stick ’em up” position, with your elbows bent at 90 degrees and slightly lower than your shoulders.
- Gently pull your shoulders down while pressing your forearms against the walls, allowing your shoulder blades to come together.
- Step your right foot forward and toward the corner, increasing the stretch. Take three to five breaths. Then step your right foot back. Repeat, stepping forward with your left foot.
- Perform up to three times throughout the day.